Coconut – for a healthy and nutritious diet
You will be surprised by the fact that coconut plays a very important role for a healthy and nutritious diet and keeps your body to be fit and healthy.
In Hindu mythology, Coconut is considered revered and is often offered to God. It is also known as Shri Phal, which means great fruit. It is an integral part of prayers and rituals as well. It has numerous health benefits and so you would surely benefit from making it a part of your daily meals.
Some of the benefits of making coconut a part of your daily diet are-
- It is rich in dietary fiber.
- It is effective in reducing the body fats and keeps your weight in check as it contains fewer calories than any other fat.
- It helps to detoxify the body by flushing out toxins.
- Coconut water contains more potassium and less sodium compared to other soft drinks. It is rich in minerals and vitamins.
- It has less fat than milk and contains no cholesterol.
- Coconut is effective in the prevention of scar formation after wounds.
- Coconut promotes the absorption of calcium by the body.
- It improves digestion and bowel movements.
- It helps in restoring thyroid functions and improves metabolism.
- Coconut is a proven antioxidant.
- It promotes the anti-inflammatory of the immune system.
Clearly, coconut must be a part of your daily life and diet to have a fit and healthy body.