Mumbai Nightlife for the Young and Restless
Known as the ‘City that never sleeps’, Mumbai offers plenty of locations one can visit during the wee hours of the night. With everyone toiling hard during the day, it is an obvious fact people would want to unwind, even if it means discovering new places during late nights– a story behind the creation of ‘Nightlife’ for insomniacs who’d like to discover the hidden gems.
There are a number of eateries which remain open until morning. Some of them are listed below:
- Ayub’s at Fort for Mughlai Cuisines
- Bademiya at Colaba famous for Mughlai and other North Indian cuisines
- Sardar Pav Bhaji at Tardeo for fast food
- Zaffran at CST which serves Mughlai, North Indian cuisines, Hyderabadi, Sea food and the likes
- Sigdi at Bandra West for Mughlai, North Indian and fast food
- Shiv Sagar at Juhu serves fast food.
- Mumbai Tawa situated at Andheri west serves North Indian cuisines and variants of street food
For those who are interested in five-star hotels, the list is endless. A few of the places are stated below for you to have a look at:
- Shamiana – Taj Mahal Palace, Colaba
- Vista, Taj Land’s End, Bandra west.
- Vista Café at Taj Land’s End
- Lotus Café, JW Marriott, Juhu
- Aqua, Hotel Sun N Sand, Juhu
Clubs and Pubs
When most of the city sleeps, the nocturnal crowd comes alive in nightclubs, discotheques, lounges, and bars. They have a gamut of places to choose from. You can tap your foot to the DJ beats while being on the same page as the elite crowd, film stars, and the high strata of the society. A few of them are listed below and await your presence.
- Onyx at Dr. Ambedkar road
- Indigo at Colaba
- Athena at Leela
- Enigma, JW Marriot hotel
- The Dome, Marine Drive
- Not Just Jazz by the Bay, Marine Drive
- Leopold’s Café, Colaba
- Café Mondegar
- Koyla, Colaba
- Bombay Blue, Goregaon
- Fire and Ice, Lower Parel
- The 1900’s, Taj Mahal
If you are not too keen on music, dance or the club life, then you have an option of walking around the serene beaches of Mumbai, where you can stride along for a breath of fresh air and soak in the resplendent beauty of the city, which offers an enthralling experience to its visitors. One can walk around Marine Drive, also referred to as ‘Queen’s necklace’, Chowpatty, Juhu beach, Carter Road at Bandra, the Band Stand, again at Bandra and other places.
We hope that this list of places was useful for all the nocturnal beings visiting Mumbai for the first time. Feel at home.